Version 15.05 re-released
May 6, 2015
We noticed a couple of major new bugs in versions 15.04 and 15.05.02 (according to the download filename and Help > About). Therefore, we made some quick fixes, which you can download now (15.05.06):
- Fix frequent crashes with both Settings > GPU and Settings > Realtime turned off.
- Fix the Timeline Split command producing incorrect results. If you saved a project with the faulty Split command in the short-lived v15.05.02, then the problems were also saved to the project, and there is no automatic fix for it. You should remove the problematic shots and recreate them.
- On OS X, fix a crash when choosing Remove from the Timeline clip/blank context menu.
- On OS X, fix the new keyboard shortcuts for selection control (select under play-head, move selection, deselect).
New Release 15.05
May 2, 2015
Version 15.05 of Shotcut is now available for download. I want to welcome and thank a new developer on-board named Harald (metellius). I also want to mention and thank a developer named Brian (pez4brian) who has been helping out for more than a year now.
- Add Distort option to Size and Position filter.
- Add video Cut option to Transition Properties.
- Code-sign Windows executable and installer.
- In Timeline, operate on clip under the play head if nothing is selected.
- New keyboard shortcuts for Timeline:
- Select clip under play head: Ctrl+Space.
- Move selection one item to the right/left: Ctrl+Right/Left.
- Blanks can be selected to remove/ripple-delete: X or Shift+Del or Shift+Backspace.
- Deselect everything: Ctrl+D.
- Open As Clip: Enter/Return.
New Release 15.04
Apr 1, 2015
Version 15.04 of Shotcut is now available for download. This is mainly a bug fix release, but there a few enhancements:
- Added an audio tone generator (in File > Open > Other).
- Now you can set a new default duration for audio or video fade filters.
- The WebM VP9 encode preset enables multi-threaded encoding.
15.03 Release Video
Mar 3, 2015
This video shows the changes made in version 15.03.
New Release 15.03
Mar 3, 2015
Version 15.03 of Shotcut is now available for download with the following changes and enhancements.
- Add Update button to Playlist panel.
- Double-clicking a successfully completed Encode job, now opens the result in Shotcut.
- Consolidate GPU and Video filters in Filter menu.
- Add View > Scopes > Audio Waveform.
- Move audio peak meter to View > Scopes > Audio Peak Meter and main toolbar button.
- Move volume slider to player toolbar icon.