Aug 1, 2014. | By: Dan Dennedy
Shotcut 14.08 is now available for download. In the past month, we have just been continuing to fix problems while we work on some new features in branches. Hopefully, next month the new features will be ready.
- Now the Stabilize video filter really does work on Windows.
- Added a Gamma menu item to the Settings menu when in GPU mode, which performs gamma correction. Previously, the display gamma was fixed at sRGB, but now you can choose Rec. 709. Previously, when applying a GPU filter, Shotcut would output sRGB gamma when encoding to a Y'CbCr file, and that has been removed/fixed.
- Transfer characteristic (gamma) metadata is now written to video files that support it (e.g., H.264).
- The filter UI layout is now automatically adapts to a horizontal or vertical layout to suit more workspace layouts.
- Upgraded FFmpeg to version 2.3.