Jun 1, 2014. | By: Dan Dennedy
Shotcut has moved to a monthly release cycle. That already happened unannounced for the month of May. Now we give you release 14.06, which is mainly just a bug fix release with some changes under the hood to prepare for future needs. Here are some of the improvements:
- Fix opening files with names or paths that include extended characters on Windows.
- Add logging of program execution info to a text file to help with troubleshooting. The logging is very limited at this time and mainly intended to help indicate app startup failures. The log is stored in the same location as the database and presets.
- Show error message if trying to load MLT XML project file that is incompatible with current GPU processing setting.
- Upgrade x264 from something that was 1.5 years old to latest.
- Upgrade FFmpeg from version 2.1 to 2.2.
- Upgrade Movit (GPU processing) from pre-1.0 to 1.1.1.
- Update translations.