Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor.
HeadlinesPlugin ERROR: 403 Forbidden
To install, simply extract the archive and run it. You can drag the Shotcut folder (app icon for OS X) to copy and move it wherever you want.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion users: since the application is not signed, you need to control-click the app icon and choose Open from the context menu the first time you run it.
Linux users will need to install the following dependencies from their distribution (the exact names may vary): libsdl, libexif, plus whatever LADSPA plugins you want.
Also, see our Video Tutorials.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- You open files by drag-n-drop in addition to the usual menu and toolbar methods.
- MLT XML files can be opened as a clip; so, you can use Shotcut to test your XML.
- Tap J, K, L to control playback speed and direction. Tap J or L repeatedly to go faster.
- Tap I or O to set the in and out points.
- Press left or right cursor keys to step frame-by-frame.
- Press page up or down to step 10 frames at-a-time.
- Press alt+left or alt+right to jump between start, in, out, and end.
- Right-click the video window to access its settings.
- Version is based on date. You can choose to update whenever you like (new builds are available almost daily).